Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There’s speculation, from Wrestling Observer Live’s Bryan Alvarez, Ringside News and others, that Brock Lesnar’s name was included in the script for Monday’s Raw because WWE plans to bring him back soon, likely for a feud with Bobby Lashley.
- Regarding Zelina Vega’s possible return to WWE, Fightful Select says they never heard she signed a contract, or that there were any specific plans for her, alone or with Aleister Black.
- That site also reports there was “no long-term endgame” for the program Black started with Big E two weeks ago. The team putting that story together didn’t know Aleister was being released, but “creative was told to stop making pitches for Black, but weren’t told why”
- Fightful’s sources also told them that Buddy Murphy was said to be easy to work with and receptive to creative’s ideas. Nonetheless, he wasn’t in WWE’s plans lately.
- AEW didn’t renew the contracts of Awesome Kong and Shanna, per Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.