Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian says the WWE Draft will be taking place on Aug. 30 and Sept. 3. WWE has big plans for which wrestlers are changing brands; the idea is to give this year’s draft a much bigger feel than previous years.
- According to Fightful, Jeff Hardy’s WWE contract was either “restructured, re-signed or extended” in 2020. It is expected that Hardy will return to using “No More Words” for his entrance music when live fans return.
- Fightful also says that two outside names are expected to show up at Impact’s Slammiversary on July 17. This includes one recent WWE release, while the other person is under contract somewhere else.
- There is a lot of speculation that the extremely exciting name “Blair Davenport” will be given to Bea Priestley in NXT UK.
- Ruby Riott’s changed Instagram handle has led many people to believe that she has indeed locked down the new ring name of Ruby Soho.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.