Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Fightful Select notes that many within different departments of WWE have been expecting Brock Lesnar to return but there has been no promotional material prepped for any return just yet.
- They also say NXT will be adding focus to the cruiserweight division.
- According to PW Insider, WWE put Hell in a Cell matches on SmackDown and Raw to give something extra to TV partners and as a way to get attention ahead of the company returning to live touring.
- Dave Meltzer mentioned on Wrestling Observer Radio that Kevin Owens taking time off from WWE is “storyline related.”
- Meltzer also said Damian Priest has a bad back and that could be why he’s been missing from WWE television of late but Fightful Select claims it’s not a back issue and he’s been gone due to other reasons.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.