Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Per PW Insider, WWE is requiring talent to go to the Performance Center for some training in the coming weeks to prepare for the return to the road and live crowds.
- WrestleVotes says the Raw production people they’ve spoken with were thrilled with Jimmy Smith’s performance in his debut on commentary.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said it’s looking like Double or Nothing 2021 could be the second biggest show AEW has ever done.
- Insider says Lio Rush signed recently with New Japan Pro Wrestling. He’ll continue to work for both AEW and MLW while appearing regularly for NJPW.
- Finally, they say AEW Rampage will likely be live for its debut show on Aug. 13 and the two Dark YouTube exclusive shows will undergo changes to account for it.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.