Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleVotes says that WWE might do more themed television shows once they return to the road. This could include gimmick shows in late 2021 or early 2022 such as Old School Raw, King of the Ring, Viewer’s Choice, and so forth.
- Following up on the above rumor, Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian heard “there will be a lot more gimmicked themed shows” in WWE, and the networks have also pitched some ideas. Raw Roulette and King of the Ring are likely to happen in 2021.
- Per PW Insider, there have been internal talks in WWE, all the way up to the top executives, second-guessing the decision to release Aleister Black.
- According to Fightful, multiple recently released WWE performers have asked WWE to do away with their non-compete clause. It sounds like WWE is open to the idea.
- Fightful also says that Vince McMahon is a big fan of Reginald. This includes Reginald’s presentation, delivery, and skillset in the ring.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.