Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Ringside News claims Vince McMahon is now against the idea of doing “cold matches,” which is why we saw Jeff Hardy put his career up against Cedric Alexander on Raw this week.
- Wrestling Inc notes it looks like SummerSlam will sell out or at least come very close to it.
- According to Fightful, although Piper Niven debuting with Eva Marie was the initial plan as of the weekend, then it changed, and then was changed back to being the plan very late.
- For whatever it’s worth, Andrew Zarian of Mat Men Podcast claims WWE is working on a lot of exciting stuff for the remainder of 2021.
- Fightful Select says Moose signed a two year contract with Impact Wrestling.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.