Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Kenny Omega is working through a list of injuries, according to last week’s Wrestling Observer Newsletter. At the Fan Fest before Double or Nothing, he said at times “he thinks maybe he’s close to the time to hang it up because his body is feeling worse,” but also said having fans in the building when he performs makes him feel better.
- Triple H was not happy when WWE released Samoa Joe, according to PW Insider’s sources. The NXT head honcho “snatched him back” for the brand as soon as he could.
- Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful tweeted WWE had “Doudrop” penciled in as Piper Niven’s new character name at one point. It’s not clear if that’s still the plan, but the idea is that Eva Marie’s associate is new and not a call-up from NXT UK.
- Lana promised to “spill the tea” on WWE during an Instagram Live (via the New York Post): “I look forward to standing up and speaking out on things that for years I have been silent about.”
- Salina de la Renta was spotted at the Performance Center, per Fightful Select. The belief is WWE has or is going to offer her a contract.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.