Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to the Observer, WWE hopes to bring The Rock in for an appearance at Survivor Series this year, with the hopes that said appearance would lead to something bigger, like the long rumored Rock vs. Roman Reigns match at WrestleMania.
- Meanwhile, Andrew Zarian says the early plan is to have that show take place in Brooklyn.
- PW Insider doubled down on Braun Strowman’s booking fee, saying his manager has been quoting $20-25K for a three hour appearance, plus first class airfare, two nights of hotel stay, all means, and ground transportation.
- Fightful Select notes they’ve heard from talent within the company that there is interest in bringing Samoa Joe back to NXT in a wrestling role. They make clear however that this is largely speculation from wrestlers who believe it could be happening. For what it’s worth, Joe was also apparently at the Performance Center this week, though it’s unknown why.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter says there is a “strong belief” that Aleister Black will be heading to AEW once he’s able to.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.