Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian says that while Brock Lesnar was initially on the list of big names that WWE wanted for SummerSlam 2021, he is not currently scheduled for the event. Dave Meltzer indicates there are forces in WWE who want to hold off on Lesnar’s return for a feud with Roman Reigns.
- Fightful and several other outlets claim that an NXT TakeOver event is scheduled for August 22, which is the day after SummerSlam. That TakeOver event will take place at the Capitol Wrestling Center in Orlando, Florida.
- Following up on a recent rumor that NXT call-ups are coming soon to Raw and SmackDown, Ringside News was told that Vince McMahon is not looking for wrestlers. He’s looking for personalities.
- PW Insider was told that Bray Wyatt has “purposely been kept off TV” but it’s not because of any kind of backstage heat.
- Wrestling Observer Live’s Bryan Alvarez heard that the Alexa’s playground segment with Lilly and Shayna Baszler that closed out Raw this week was the highest rated quarter hour of the episode.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.