Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- ”WWE is 100% attempting to make SummerSlam this year’s WrestleMania,” according to WrestleVotes’ sources, who tell the Twitter account that “all resources will be tapped into.”
- Votes says WWE hasn’t decided, but they believe the company wants Roman Reigns vs. John Cena to headline the show. Florida sports reporter Jon Alba confirmed with multiple sources that match is “the targeted main event at this moment.”
- According to PW Insider, there are those within WWE who are pushing to get Aleister Black re-signed. They’re arguing he was “cut too soon”, and was the victim of “broken promises” and “start/stop creative” more than anything he did.
- Braun Strowman is asking “in the five figure range” for indie appearances, per PW Insider. “We are told that Strowman is pretty set financially and doesn’t need to immediately run out and do bookings, but if a promoter comes along and meets the right price, that’s a different story.”
- In a correction to their initial report, Wrestling Inc now says Andrade’s AEW contract gives him no creative control. In fact, they now say “no one in AEW has creative control in their contracts, as [Tony] Khan has total control over creative.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.