Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Multiple wrestlers have advocated for WrestleMania to stay a two-night show, pointing out how crowds at this year’s show stayed energized both nights, Fightful Select reports. 2022’s WrestleMania 38 is currently on the calendar for only one night, but the company hasn’t ruled out making two nights the norm.
- WWE officials had nothing but good things to say about Logan Paul after his WrestleMania 37 angle, sources told Fightful Select. Sources told the site the YouTube star was easy to work with and “massively respectful”.
- Molly Holly was backstage at Raw last night. According to PW Insider, she was trying out for a producer role.
- Riho has moved to the United States and “we’ll be seeing a lot more of her” on AEW television going forward, per Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio.
- Meltzer also says a late June episode of Dynamite will probably be moved to Saturday as a result of TNT’s coverage of the NBA playoffs.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.