Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleVotes says that WWE is hoping for SummerSlam to be their official return to touring, and the event may take place earlier than its typical date on the calendar.
- Jon Alba indicates that WWE wants to be out of Florida for SummerSlam, and a “major venue out west” is under consideration.
- Ringside News was told that AEW’s Blood & Guts match was viewed by many people in WWE as “barbaric” and “a bad image for the industry.”
- In the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer notes that despite ongoing rumors, AEW hasn’t made any contract offers to Tessa Blanchard or Daga, and it’s not close to happening. The hesitancy is due to allegations about Blanchard’s past conduct.
- Salina de la Renta is officially done with MLW, and there’s speculation that WWE and AEW are interested in signing her. In another contract update, Fightful claims that former NXT UK wrestler Killer Kelly will be signing with Impact Wrestling.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.