Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Randy Orton/Riddle team will be a long-term act which will be getting a “sizeable push”, according to PW Insider. RKBro merchandise is said to be on the way.
- The Jinder Mahal & Indus Sher team that worked Main Event this week could be debuting on Raw soon, says Sportskeeda.
- NXT is working to keep the identity or identities of the Diamond Mine gimmick under wraps for as long as possible, but a WWE source told Fightful Select they don’t “want fans expecting [Tessa] Blanchard to be the act or a part of it.”
- Fred Rosser (Darren Young in WWE) revealed WWE is filming an episode of their Untold documentary series about the Nexus.
- During an interview on The Launchcast, Scott Stanford told a story about how he used to have kneel down while doing interviews for WWE so he wouldn’t be taller than the wrestlers. “That’s why now you’ll see small females who stand and look up,” he said.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.