Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Daniel Bryan’s contract with WWE actually expired — or was set to — last week after his match with Roman Reigns on SmackDown, according to Fightful Select.
- PW Insider says Extreme Rules 2021 will take place on July 18, and will be at the Yuengling Center in Tampa, Florida.
- Rhea Ripley told Ryan Satin she’s been taking acting classes to help her confidence in promos.
- For what it’s worth, a former WWE writer told the Say Less with Kaz, Lowkey, and Rosy show that Braun Strowman was originally supposed to win the Universal title from Brock Lesnar back in 2018.
- While rumors got around that Tessa Blanchard was on the verge of signing with AEW, PW Insider says that’s not the case and not only that but zero conversations between the two sides have taken place.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.