Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that WWE put SummerSlam on a Saturday because the stadium in Las Vegas wanted it on that date. Now, it’s unclear if the show will even be held there but the date will remain no matter what.
- He also said that he doesn’t think Vegas is the prime choice anymore.
- More from Meltzer on WOR: he’s not sure what the plan actually is but he was told Roman Reigns vs. Jimmy Uso is NOT currently planned for Hell in a Cell.
- Per PW Insider, Aleister Black was at SmackDown this week, WWE just chose not to use him to “let the story hang for a week so as not to rush the feud” with Big E.
- Fightful Select says Impact Wrestling has reached out to “multiple” wrestlers who were released by WWE earlier this year for the upcoming Slammiversary event.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.