Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- For whatever it’s worth, Daniel Bryan has been moved to the Alumni section of WWE.com following his loss to Roman Reigns on SmackDown this past week.
- Ringside News says no one backstage at WWE was told anything about the upcoming throwback episode of SmackDown next week and anyone who asked was told they would be updated next week.
- They also say that Vince McMahon is a big fan of Adam Pearce’s work on screen because he thinks it’s “credible.”
- Fightful Select says that Steve Cutler and Chelsea Green would wait outside Vince McMahon’s door to stand in line to meet with him but were told to stop doing that and instead wait in catering. Eventually, they got a meeting.
- Maria Kanellis told Wrestling Inc that Ring of Honor will likely have fans back at shows by the end of the year.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.