Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- PW Insider says that they were told the “main crux” of the talks between WWE and New Japan Pro Wrestling was over Daniel Bryan working some dates for NJPW.
- There seems to be something going on with the SummerSlam location, as WrestleVotes says there has been “so much wildness” to the planning that hasn’t gotten out yet and Jon Alba saying Las Vegas has been planned for months, so a change would mean something significant happened.
- Andrew Zarian says he was told Cardi B will be the host of SummerSlam this year.
- The Observer notes that Velveteen Dream was fired not for past accusations but after a top star in WWE alerted management to an incident Dream was involved in.
- The WWE directive for new talent tryouts is to get younger and bigger guys again, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.