Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Rick Boogs is just one of several call-ups from NXT and NXT UK we’ll be seeing on Raw and SmackDown in the coming weeks, per Fightful Select.
- Sources tell Ringside News that WWE’s card for Hell in a Cell “has not only not been booked,” at this point “what has been booked is already changing drastically.”
- According to Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian, Ted DiBiase is bringing the Million Dollar belt back for his NXT storyline with Cameron Grimes. It’s not confirmed how or how long it will be used on TV.
- Mitch Metcalf of Showbuzz Daily indicates there’s a chance the ratings site won’t return from its recent technical issues. Dave Meltzer writes that would be a huge blow to the business, since “all wrestling companies, TV companies, sports stations, etc. looked to that site for numbers.”
- The WON reports Rey Fenix is missing Double or Nothing due to injuries suffered during a booking in Mexico.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.