Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Fightful Select, Edge is not injured and his disappearance from television is just some planned time off.
- While PW Insider couldn’t confirm talks of John Cena returning to WWE, they did confirm production on the show he’s working on, Peacemaker, ends on July 6, shortly before WWE is set to hit the road again.
- Insider also says WWE weren’t giving talent any heads up on the announcement of going back out on the road because they wanted to avoid leaks and account for the possibility that plans could change at any moment.
- As for the return of furloughed or fired workers who worked the live events side, they say it remains to be seen if they’ll be brought back.
- Per the Observer, there’s an episode of Dynamite that will be moved to a Saturday in late June thanks to conflicts with the NBA Playoffs.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.