Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Wrestling Observer says there are ongoing talks of John Cena appearing on the first WWE show back with fans.
- Ringside News says WWE was paid more than $1 million for promoting Army of the Dead with zombies in the match at WrestleMania Backlash.
- Soulja Boy told Hot 97 he’s still hoping to work with WWE but there are no plans for that right now.
- WWE is trying to work out a deal with “Speedball” Mike Bailey, per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
- Chelsea Green is in talks with Impact Wrestling but no deal is done just yet, says the Observer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.