Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Sports Illustrated states that SummerSlam 2021 will take place in Nevada. F4WOnline’s Dave Meltzer mentions that Allegiant Stadium is the leading candidate for the venue.
- SI also indicates that Money in the Bank 2021 will take place in July, in front of live fans in Texas. WWE believes this event is significantly improved with a live audience, whereas June’s Hell in a Cell 2021 event is better-suited for the ThunderDome. That’s why Hell in a Cell is scheduled first, before live fans return to WWE.
- WrestleVotes says the FOX network has “privately pushed for a return to live crowds” in WWE over the last few weeks. They want WWE on the same level as other sports leagues like MLB.
- Per Meltzer, all eight of the NXT and developmental talents who were released by WWE on Wednesday were told the decision was made due to budget concerns.
- Scotty 2 Hotty was one of the zombies who devoured The Miz at WrestleMania Backlash.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.