Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In the renegotiation of their deal with WarnerMedia, PW Insider says, “the word making the rounds is that... AEW is receiving in the area of an ‘eight figure payday’”.
- WWE currently plans to bring Zelina Vega back to the main roster and not NXT, according to Ringside News.
- Per Insider, Drake Wuertz has already contacted independent promoters to let them know he’s available and ready to work.
- Fightful Select reports AEW will hold Full Gear in St. Louis on Sat., Nov. 6. The plan is to run Rampage there the night before, as well.
- In the latest sign that his time there is winding down, Fightful says Don Callis was only at the first day of Impact’s recent three day taping. He left with Kenny Omega after the pair filmed all the content needed for this batch of episodes.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.