Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Wrestling Observer, the script for last night’s Raw was “torn up several times” during the day on Monday, and was still being rewritten in the late afternoon.
- The WWE title Triple Threat was originally supposed to main event WrestleMania Backlash, says Ringside News. The Observer confirmed that, and added “the entire order of the matches were changed the day of more than once.”
- Andrew Zarian of the Mat Men Podcast hinted that WWE will refreshing their set designs soon.
- Miz suffered a knee injury at WrestleMania Backlash, per the Observer (Update: Word is he has a torn ACL).
- Fightful Select reports Indus Sher’s Saurav wasn’t called up to work with his old partner Rinku and Jinder Mahal on Raw because he was deemed “not television ready.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.