Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Along with last night’s Hell in a Cell announcement, Mat Men’s Andrew Zarian is “hearing Money in the Bank [will be on] July 18th with [a] live audience”.
- While specifying he hasn’t gotten a clear answer regarding Keith Lee, on PW Insider Elite Audio Mike Johnson said he’s “been led to believe” Lee’s absence from WWE television is “more of a creative thing than an injury thing”.
- “Many people within Impact have kinda been hinting to” Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer “that they figure that Don Callis is going to wind up as a full-timer in AEW as Kenny Omega’s manager.”
- Contrary to a previous rumor, Ringside News claims a source told them “the plans for the SmackDown Tag Team titles do not include The Usos at the moment.” Jimmy & Jey will be focused on “the Roman Reigns ‘soap opera’” and not the tag division.
- Performance Center talent Joe Gacy, Daniel Vidot and Cal Bloom were the zombies who took bumps at WrestleMania Backlash, according to Fightful Select.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.