Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleVotes says there’s been talk in WWE about giving Damian Priest a big push and moving Aleister Black over to Raw. The idea is that the top of the Raw roster is weak and needs some fresh faces now that Randy Orton and AJ Styles are competing in the tag team division.
- Regarding the whereabouts of Bray Wyatt, Fightful Select reports that he’s been backstage at more than one episode of Raw since WrestleMania, but not in the last couple weeks. The talent and staff they spoke with believes that he wants to be on television.
- According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, AEW has been in talks with Andrade.
- The Observer also says that a segment for Throwback SmackDown involving Pat McAfee impersonating a younger Vince McMahon was scrapped because Vince thought it looked stupid.
- Bea Priestley will almost certainly be joining the NXT UK roster, per the Observer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.