Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to the Mat Men Podcast, it looks like WWE has live events with fans planned for the main roster from July 16 through July 19. This could theoretically include Extreme Rules on July 18, based on previous rumors.
- Wrestling Inc learned that Zelina Vega’s return to WWE has been in the works since before WrestleMania 37. Fightful adds that Vega was filmed walking into the Performance Center with the Rock’s daughter, Simone Johnson.
- In an update on the health of Orange Cassidy, it sounds like he passed concussion testing, per Bryan Alvarez of Wrestling Observer Live.
- F4WOnline’s Dave Meltzer said the reason why Santana missed this week’s (May 12) episode of Dynamite is because he is currently sick.
- There’s speculation that the reason why Christian was dumped into a battle royal at AEW Double or Nothing is because he was originally supposed to wrestle against Ricky Starks on the card, but plans changed after Starks suffered a neck fracture.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.