Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- PW Insider notes that AEW called an audible for the finish of PAC vs. Orange Cassidy on last night’s (May 12) Dynamite. The match was supposed to end in a time limit draw, leading to a three-way match with Kenny Omega at Double or Nothing. But Cassidy was legitimately hurt on a powerbomb in the match, so they kept him down and changed the finish.
- When asked about Keith Lee’s current status, F4WOnline’s Dave Meltzer said, “He’s okay, but obviously he’s not being used.”
- Wrestling Observer Live’s Bryan Alvarez was told that the original finish for Sheamus vs. Humberto Carrillo on this week’s (May 10) Raw was for Sheamus to go over, so that’s why he was suddenly declared the winner when the match needed to be stopped.
- On his Living the Gimmick podcast, Jon Alba indicated that Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas is a potential venue that WWE might use for SummerSlam 2021.
- Moose recently revealed that his contract with Impact Wrestling expires in June.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.