Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE is considering Madison Square Garden for SummerSlam on Aug. 22, according to Wrestling Observer.
- WrestleVotes says AEW returning to the road in July won’t change WWE’s plans to resume touring in August.
- Jeff Hardy’s loss to Jinder Mahal on Monday wasn’t a sign his contract is up soon. PW Insider reminds us the deal he signed in 2020 was for two or three years. WrestlingNews.co says Hardy’s booking isn’t a sign he’s “getting buried,” but that “WWE is simply rotating talent so some people will be moved to the backburner for now.”
- Mansoor was scheduled to be used at Monday’s Raw per Insider, but “creative changed”.
- The site also says there were never plans for Velveteen Dream to be used, but his being backstage was noteworthy because “he has not been seen much at the WWE Performance Center in recent months.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.