Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Ringside News, Becky Lynch signed a new contract with WWE a few weeks ago.
- Even though Daniel Bryan’s name was edited out of a clip last week, PW Insider claims there is no rule in WWE that forbids anyone from using his name on WWE programming.
- Insider also says there are people in WWE management who hated AEW’s Blood & Guts match and think it “set the business back 30 years.” On the other hand, several WWE wrestlers would love to have a match like that.
- Another Aleister Black vignette was supposed to air on the Throwback edition of SmackDown but it was cut due to time constraints, per Insider.
- WWE has filed a trademark for the extremely exciting name “Blair Davenport.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.