Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- No champions are currently favored by Bet Online to retain at WrestleMania 37 this weekend. The Intercontinental title match is a push; all other champs are underdogs. Edge is the favorite to win the Universal title Triple Threat.
- According to Wrestling Observer, TV schedules list tonight’s WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony as 90 minutes long. Both nights of TakeOver are listed for slightly over two hours, and Saturday and Sunday’s WrestleMania’s are shown as ending at 11 p.m. ET.
- On Pardon My Take, Triple H said WWE had “conversations” about bringing Rob Gronkowski in for WrestleMania 37, but he wasn’t sure (or wasn’t admitting) where those discussions ended up.
- The promo Riddle forgot on Raw last week was scripted “to talk about everything from Mt. Fuji to underground robot fighting in Japan”, per Fightful Select.
- Bea Priestley has finished up in Japan. Speculation from Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio and others is she’s signed with WWE and will be on the NXT UK roster.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.