Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- After David Bixenspan shared the latest clip of NXT referee Drake Wuertz reciting conspiracy theories at local government proceedings, Fightful Select reported Wuertz recently had his duties reduced and was “either formally or informally suspended earlier in 2021”.
- Fans interpreted tweets from fellow NXT referees D.A. Brewer and Darryl Sharma as meaning the Wuertz situation was a hot topic backstage at the WWE Performance Center yesterday.
- Fightful’s reports says Wuertz has “substantial heat” at the PC, and many of their NXT sources are surprised he hasn’t been fired. They also fear his extreme views are why he’s still around.
- Based on WWE describing Friday’s Universal title match by saying “if Bryan loses, he’ll be banished from SmackDown”, speculation is Daniel Bryan will lose and move to another brand.
- Probably nothing to this, but a new SEC filing revealed that Triple H recently sold $2 million in WWE stock. He still owns almost 50,000 shares.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.