Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleVotes says the sold out UFC show from over the weekend was a big topic of discussion backstage at Monday Night Raw this week and “nearly everyone” feels live crowds can return in some form right now for WWE.
- Although Rhea Ripley was booked alongside the heels on Raw this week, Bryan Alvarez mentioned on Wrestling Observer Live that fans in the ThunderDome were instructed to cheer for her.
- He also said that everyone is available to be used on Raw and everyone who has been missing is simply because they haven’t had anything written for them. That would apply to the Raw tag team champions, AJ Styles & Omos.
- Drew McIntyre is still pushing a match with Tyson Fury, leading to obvious speculation WWE still hopes to put that together in the near future.
- Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that “the early things that I’ve been told” is the new NHL deal with Turner isn’t going to affect AEW.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.