Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Turner Sports looks to be the winner of the final NHL rights package, a $225 million dollar deal that will influence future contracts for live sports like wrestling, and that could cause scheduling conflicts on TNT Wednesday nights.
- On the Good Brothers’ Talk’n Shop podcast, The Young Bucks said Triple H offered them “$500,000 each guaranteed” when they were free agents in 2018.
- Randy Orton suffered “a deep bruise” to his shoulder in his match with Riddle last week, per Fightful Select. Obviously, he didn’t miss any time as a result.
- That site also says the plan after WrestleMania 37 was for Riddle’s program with Sheamus to continue. Obviously, plans changed. “Those backstage in WWE said Orton was in favor of working with Riddle, and the changes made.”
- Moving Riddle into the angle with Orton, and the Drew McIntyre & Braun Strowman vs. MACE & T-BAR storyline were both decisions that were made last Monday hours before the show started.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.