Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There’s a lot of speculation, including from the Observer, that Randy Orton suffered a shoulder injury during his match with Riddle on Raw this week.
- Ringside News claims Vince McMahon wanted “fresh eyes on the product and on management” and that’s part of what led to so much change within the company recently.
- Speaking of which, Fightful Select says “a longtime WWE name” thinks Mark Carrano will be back with WWE simply because he knows where the bodies are buried.
- Per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Kalisto was released after he was troublesome for repeatedly trying to get out of Lucha House Party and publicly unhappy about his TV usage.
- For what it’s worth, Snoop Dogg claimed during an interview with Peter Rosenberg that WWE said they were going to distance themselves from him for appearing on AEW but then later asked him to be in the upcoming video game and he asked for double their offer for it, and they gave it to him.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.