Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleVotes says there is “serious internal WWE house cleaning going down” with “many people impacted.”
- PW Insider notes there have been multiple departures from WWE this week in the Talent Relations department and the Communications department. Some departures may be a result of WWE President Nick Khan “putting his own people in power.”
- According to Insider, there has been talk in WWE of running SummerSlam 2021 in a stadium in either Phoenix, Arizona, or somewhere in Texas.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer mentioned that one of the reasons why several WWE wrestlers have been missing from television since WrestleMania 37 is because of another COVID outbreak.
- According to Fightful, while discussing his expiring WWE contract, Daniel Bryan said that he’s trying to find a way to wrestle for WWE and for other companies.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.