Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- “Two WWE sources indicate that an event in Saudi Arabia prior to the end of 2021 is very much on the table,” says WrestleVotes.
- Vince McMahon has always seen a physical WWE Hall of Fame as a “waste of money”, per Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer. Triple H supports the idea though, and Meltzer says the A&E WWE’s Most Wanted Treasures show could be to collect memorabilia for a Hall of Fame building or exhibit, but he doesn’t think it’ll happen any time soon.
- On Wrestling Daily, Alex McCarthy said Charlotte Flair’s kayfabe suspension was done so Flair can have “some dental work sorted out”. She isn’t expected to be gone long.
- Natalya “pushed hard” backstage for the Tag Turmoil match to be added to WrestleMania 37 as a way to get more women on the card, according to Fightful Select.
- Chris Masters told Chris Van Vliet that he thinks John Cena shot down an angle they were supposed to work during Masters’ first WWE run because Cena thought he was too inexperienced.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.