Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- For whatever it’s worth, Hugo Savinovich told Wrestling Inc he believes Charlotte Flair wasn’t booked for WrestleMania 37 because of Andrade and she’s legitimately got issues backstage in WWE.
- Per PW Insider, Vince McMahon doesn’t want to do interviews anymore and he also doesn’t like doing company conference calls either.
- Fightful Select says WWE management was happy with everyone who was asked to cut impromptu backstage promos during the WrestleMania 37 rain delay. They also note there was never any real consideration given to wrestling any of the matches backstage.
- For what it’s worth, Jim Ross mentioned on his podcast that AEW plans on resuming touring in front of live crowds in July.
- PW Insider says NJPW turned down a deal with VICE TV in 2020, which is basically the deal MLW recently signed.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.