Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Vince McMahon was “significantly late” for Raw yesterday and missed the creative meeting, per Fightful Select. He made several changes when he got there, like nixing the announced Braun Strowman vs. Randy Orton match.
- Fightful also reports there were “tons of changes” to last week’s Raw as WWE was “short handed”. That was the case because there were “more wrestlers banged up or not cleared after WrestleMania than normal” and “a couple” were pulled as precaution due to COVID symptoms.
- Regarding what was changed on April 12, it was specifically mentioned that Riddle was not originally planned to face Bobby Lashley.
- PW Insider reports MLW will serve as Dark Side of the Ring’s lead-in on Vice. Archived material will air on the network at first, to get fans introduced to the promotion and to ensure they don’t see empty arena footage. The company hopes to resume taping in front of a crowd in July.
- The Night One rain delay and Mandy Rose’s slip have both been edited from the WWE Network version of WrestleMania 37. Thus far they remain on Peacock’s stream.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.