Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Fightful, several NXT wrestlers and staff denied that Triple H said anything close to the notion that AEW was bullying NXT on Wednesday nights. Triple H hopes that a move to Tuesday will put the focus more on the NXT product and less on its viewership.
- On Wrestling Observer Live, Bryan Alvarez said that Riddle really did forget his line on Raw. The segment was presumably pre-taped; Bruce Prichard and Vince McMahon thought it was so funny that they left it in the episode.
- Ringside News was told that Aalyah Mysterio doesn’t know if she’s done with WWE, or if they still might come up with a plan for her.
- F4WOnline’s Dave Meltzer said the reason Murphy deleted his Instagram post about the Mysterio family is because he was ordered to delete it by WWE.
- Per Alvarez, virtual fans in the ThunderDome were directed to cheer Rhea Ripley on Raw.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.