Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Dave Meltzer seemed to indicate on Wrestling Observer Radio that some of the recent WWE releases may have been due to some of the wrestlers complaining about their booking.
- He also claimed that WWE’s mentality on AEW shifted when Dynamite did such a high viewership for its first unopposed show.
- Sports Illustrated says that WWE’s plan for Pat McAfee is to let him be himself. That means not over-producing him.
- Fightful Select says there were plans in place for a women’s faction involving Chelsea Green, Vanessa Borne, and Santana Garrett but it was ultimately nixed.
- According to the Observer, Mickie James tried out as a TV announcer for WWE before her release.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.