Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Backing up earlier reports, a source told Ringside News Becky Lynch’s return at WrestleMania 37 “was discussed and prepared but never decided on” by WWE.
- WWE President Nick Khan told Variety WWE has plans to return to the road, but isn’t ready to share them yet. He also WrestleMania was the only “one off” they’d do in front of fans: “Just know that once we’re back on the road, we’re on the road full time.”
- The United States title match was one of the WrestleMania 37 matches that had its finish changed, according to Fightful Select. Originally Riddle was supposed to retain, “but it was adjusted in favor of continuing the feud with Sheamus, tentatively.”
- That site also reports AEW talent told them Ivelisse hasn’t been at recent tapings, and they don’t expect her to return because she had multiple open disagreements with agents.
- After her now-deleted tweet saying she’d been “let go”, Ivelisse responded to critics and commented on her relationship with Thunder Rosa and their infamous match on Dynamite last September, saying Rosa was “unprofessional”, did “the same thing” while they were in Lucha Underground together, hurt Diamante’s jaw in the next match they had, and slandered her throughout her AEW run.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.