Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Raw’s announce team is changing, per Wrestling Inc, who says Canadian sportscaster Adnan Virk will replace Tom Phillips starting tonight.
- That’s not the only change, as Andrew Zarian of the Mat Men Pro Wrestling Podcast reports Raw will be called by Virk, Byron Saxton, and Corey Graves. It’s not known whether Samoa Joe will replace Graves on SmackDown.
- As to why Phillips didn’t work WrestleMania 37 this weekend, Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio he was pulled due to a “COVID protocol issue”.
- WWE recently filed for trademark on “Commander Azeez”. It’s believed that’s Dabba-Kato’s new gimmick name.
- Wrestling Observer reported Hulk Hogan was “heavily” booed on Night One of WrestleMania 37. “It was not a large number of people but they were loud according to those there.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.