Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The plan for the WWE Women’s Tag titles at WrestleMania 37 is to hold a multi-team match on night one with the winners going on to challenge Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax on night two.
- As part of their report on the plan, PW Insider said the April 10 match will have four or more teams. It will be set-up on the go home edition of Raw, which taped this week.
- Insider also reports Peacock & WWE will be editing out the 1998 Raw segment where D-X members wore blackface while mocking The Nation of Domination. That episode hasn’t been uploaded to the streamer yet, but the scene’s been cut from a video package on that year’s SummerSlam.
- Hall of Fame taping is going on all week in Tampa at the Tropicana Field ThunderDome. Fightful Select says The Bellas and nWo filmed their speeches yesterday, with others happening Thursday. Insider says The Great Khali flew in Wednesday.
- During a media call hosted by Más Lucha (translation by Lucha Blog on Twitter), Andrade clarified his earlier comments about his WWE deal - he wasn’t making three million a year; he could make millions over the length of the contract.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.