Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Wrestling Observer Live, Bryan Alvarez said AEW tested Revolution’s show-closing explosion ahead of time and it worked. The “bomb” used on the PPV broadcast just happened to be “a dud”.
- Alvarez also said Kenny Omega was “furious” about how the finish came off.
- Some WWE higher ups “were let down” that Christian jumped to AEW, per Fightful Select, but acknowledged it was on the company for not locking him into a deal.
- WWE’s hired Mike Heller as a lead writer, according to Ringside News. Heller spent six years working on MTV’s Ridiculousness as a writer/producer.
- The Verge reports that WWE events on Peacock won’t have match markers and will be uploaded as one long video. You also won’t be able to search for specific wrestlers or matches, at least at first.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.