Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the WrestleMania 37 match card is still undergoing changes, as Vince McMahon apparently thinks the show needs to be bigger and abandoned original ideas.
- In an interview with Complex, for whatever it’s worth, Bobby Lashley mentioned wanting to add a female member to The Hurt Business and having someone in mind for it.
- PW Insider notes WWE is trademarking the term “NXT TakeOver: Stand and Deliver” and speculation is it will be the name for the two night event before WrestleMania 37 this year.
- Per the WON, Kazuchika Okada is working through a lower back injury right now and that’s why his matches have looked basic of late.
- Impact’s Hard to Kill pay-per-view brought in the most buys — outside of one show — since the Spike TV deal ended in 2014, says the Observer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.