Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes a story went around about WWE fining wrestlers for thigh slaps and a memo was sent out to NXT talent about it and nothing has come up since.
- They also say WWE is aware of age issues on the roster and a new doctrine says to only sign developmental talent if they’re under the age of 30, except for special situations.
- The WON also says the plan is for NXT to introduce women’s tag team titles.
- According to Wrestling Inc, Jimmy Smith, a former commentator for Bellator and UFC, auditioned for an announcing job with WWE before SmackDown this week.
- Per the Observer, WWE has been talking to the Yuengling Center at the University of South Florida in Tampa, which could be a new home for tapings.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.