Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- A “here’s what you’ll miss if you cancel your WWE Network now” screen shared by Fightful listed a pre-WrestleMania 37 NXT TakeOver show for Thurs., April 8.
- On that site’s pay site, Fightful Select, they reported that WrestleMania tickets will go on sale next week.
- Wrestling Observer Live’s Bryan Alvarez says he’s heard the NXT to Tuesday move is a “done deal” internally at USA Network. His sources also said the decision isn’t driven by AEW’s ratings wins, but the fact hockey will command better ad dollars on Wednesdays when it moves to USA after NBC Sports Network shuts down.
- Alvarez also said that at one point NXT was planning to load up last night’s show to counter-program AEW’s go home edition of Dynamite. He speculated they decided it wasn’t worth hotshotting matches when they were unlikely to be able to compete with the Shaq match anyway.
- Regarding New Japan’s decision to not go forward with using Marty Scurll, Fightful Select reports it came after a lot of complaints from the roster. Some said they wouldn’t have taken the booking in the first place if they knew Scurll was being used.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.