Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Jon Alba of Spectrum 360 notes that the reason WrestleMania 37 tickets were delayed is because WWE hadn’t actually signed the contract with the Tampa Sports Authority for the show before advertising an on-sale date.
- WrestleVotes says WWE is considering avoiding booking a match for the Kickoff show of night one at WrestleMania 37 because the first live entrance in front of fans is being seen as something special.
- Stone Cold Steve Austin told Wrestling Inc he won’t be a part of WrestleMania 37 this year.
- Ringside News claims that Matt Riddle botching his lines to Asuka during Raw this week was actually planned all along.
- They also say Chris Dunn, who apparently worked closely with The Street Profits as a member of the WWE writing team, is gone from the company.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.