Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The NXT to Tuesday news should be made official on this morning, according to the Mat Men Podcast. It’ll be part of a press release announcing an extension of the brand’s contract with USA.
- WWE decided in February that Titus O’Neil will be this year’s Warrior Award recipient at the Hall of Fame Ceremony, per Fightful Select.
- During his interview with Lucha Libre Online, Andrade said his main roster contract was for $3 million per year.
- Wrestling Observer Newsletter says AEW is interested in signing Daga, but is still undecided about bringing in his wife, Tessa Blanchard.
- Reigning NCAA Division I Wrestling Heavyweight Champion Gable Stevenson tweeted Sunday he’s “going to be the biggest star WWE has ever had.” He told Fightful Select he’s talked to Paul Heyman, Triple H & others about joining the company, but right now he’s focused on the Olympics.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.