Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, while there was someone saying Edge looking older may have had to do with Vince McMahon changing the Universal title match at WrestleMania 37 another said it was just Vince wanting to shake things up.
- For whatever it’s worth, PW Insider notes that despite rumors of a possible return at SmackDown this week, Charlotte Flair wasn’t even backstage at the show.
- Per Sports Illustrated, WWE has no plans to tour anytime soon despite venues reopening across the country.
- The Observer notes that original plans called for Keith Lee to win the U.S. title by pinning Riddle at Elimination Chamber but his health issues changed that.
- They also say there have at least been talks of reviving Lucha Underground.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.